Squeegee

Deciding the Future of Seven Kingdoms

Good morning everyone,

This is going to be a tough topic to address, but those of you that are still active in some capacity I am sure have noticed the alliance has been struggling since the last war. Due to a few reasons mostly in regards to our performance last war a good portion of our gov bench has left and moved on to other things. This has left us with very little to work with which in all reality is at my fault. So to be entirely transparent and honest Myself and the remaining gov bench are incredibly burned out on this game, myself and the others have spent a large portion of our time the last 4 years playing this game and doing our best to lead the alliance. We have been speaking internally about what next steps there are to be taken and we didn't feel it was right to come to any conclusions before first broaching the subject with those of you who have remained with us through many hardships. As we see it there are two options to take this in, we can essentially "retire" the alliance and keep this place as an homage and continue our inactive play style or if there is enough interest to form a new government bench with what's left of the active roster the current gov can look into what it would take to get those interested properly trained by our allies.

Should we retire the alliance it would likely result in closing off recruitment and us recommending that anyone who wants to play a more active role head elsewhere.

Should we manage to get a large enough bench to make another attempt at bringing back the alliance there will be more details that I need to hammer out.

At the end of the day the decision is in your guys hands and whatever it is that we as a community decide upon I just want it to be known that SK has facilitated some of the best memories I have, I will always be here to do my best to support this community through whatever it is that happens next even if I no longer plan to be taking an active role in the game itself.

Edited by Squeegee

This game is trash and has been really hard to even pay attention to for a while. The community remains the only part worth anything, so a new game would be great- otherwise, if there's an active core who wants to keep the AA alive that's fine as well, but staying engaged is extremely low priority for me at least, as the mechanics and pay to win style the game is in right now is not fun at all.

15 minutes ago, Lyro said:

This game is trash and has been really hard to even pay attention to for a while. The community remains the only part worth anything, so a new game would be great- otherwise, if there's an active core who wants to keep the AA alive that's fine as well, but staying engaged is extremely low priority for me at least, as the mechanics and pay to win style the game is in right now is not fun at all.

How is the game pay to win? Afaik, there's a $40 monthly limit for P2W benefits.

To be honest, I have been burned out on PW for a while now. Been planning to get out of the game for some time, but haven't yet done so. I'm not planning to follow into other games yet, so will probably perma-VM if SK is retired.

It's been fun while it lasted, though.

I would love to revieve sk but I'm already too involved in leading in another game.  If someone wants to focus it I can br on the bench but I can' lead the efforts.  I would be happy to see someone step up.  But if no one does I would just let the allaince fade until someone wants to take up the sk name.

1 minute ago, noahback said:

I would love to revieve sk but I'm already too involved in leading in another game.  If someone wants to focus it I can br on the bench but I can' lead the efforts.  I would be happy to see someone step up.  But if no one does I would just let the allaince fade until someone wants to take up the sk name.

What game do you leave?

Personally once this has been concluded. I'm probably gonna join Bradley's AA and help him out as a tax farm.

I have no real interest in this game anymore. 

I'm sure there's a plethora of mobile games and what not that use some manner of clan system that we have some shared interest in that we can group up in and keep SK gaming alive.

Or we can be more focused on game night ish games

Among us, rocket League stuff like that.

Other games that require less immediate activity, drop in/out like Minecraft, space engineers, avorion ect. That just have a server running. 

Garry's mod has some good minigames the community has made, TTT, prophunt, murder ect.

Just spit balling.

It all started when Vladimir Putin(The player who doesn't play now anymore but can be found in KT discord) recruited me along with a few other people from the same game called 'Realm of the mad god'  (The game that I've played for so long and just now beginning the process of quitting) All my life I have been with the alliance Knights Templar alongside my crush Vladimir Putin, until one day he took my hand in marriage and together we coordinated attacks and made me his successor, but one day I met someone bigger and stronger than Vladimir Putin, I met Von norman (Another PnW player that doesn't play anymore) Von norman was different than Vladimir Putin, he was cooler and he actually used voice chat to talk, we hit it off in the Dms and I began to stray away from Vladimir Putin. Von norman had great ideas and I thought they were great as well, and then one fatal night we locked eyes and he asked for my hand in marriage, but I couldn't do such a thing as I was married to Vladimir. But he flexed his cities and amount of military units, and I had no choice but to marry him as he is better suited for war.

Vladimir Putin became furious when he found out what happened, I told him that it was only for an amount of time, that it was just a phase but he couldn't handle it. He sent us out to a different branch of the alliance, the internal affairs. There Von norman, the founder of Esquire Templar, was created. It was a great success, it was an alliance apart of Knights Templar made specifically for new players of PnW less than 10 cities where they would be able to grow and become stronger, learn the arts of the game without the worry of higher ups yelling at them for their failures. Von norman and I had many children, the children of Esquire Templar. The children that I have now, but one day there were orders to join the two alliances together for whatever reason, and Von norman didn't like that. His life long dreams were shattered before his eyes, and then he began to fade into existence, I tried to hold onto the pieces, but one day, it was too much for him, he left the game just like that after giving me his valuables.

So then I was forced to go back into marriage with Vladimir Putin, with all my children, he was still a great father, very strict on city builds and such. He made me Queen of Knights Templar, and they bowed down before me. Some time passed, and there was an argument between us, he told me that I wasn't fit for war, and that I would have to be taxed 100/100 and be a farm, he threated to leave me if I didn't, and thus I had no choice but to switch my city builds so he would be happy. There was a single rule though, for every 30 in game days, I would be given one credit to use to post alliance Ads to use to help in recruiting. The amount of time it took for him to make me change my build though was too much for him, as I am not the submissive woman he had wanted, he left and went for vacation for a couple weeks. Horse cock (Another PnW player that probably still plays but not that often) became in charge. Horse cock was a mean ruler, especially me. One fateful day, after days of grief that my husband had gone on vacation and left me to the scums, Horse cock came up to me, and he demanded that I get rid of all my missiles. I couldn't do such a thing, for I had worked hard to build these missiles every day, I said no I won't do such a thing. And he wasn't as patient as Vladimir Putin, he threatened to turn my children against me and have them pummel me to the ground if I didn't do it. So I had no choice, I told them them that I would return one day, but I must hide away in the shadows until the fateful day.

So with that I left Knights Templar, the alliance I've been with my whole life, and I went on vacation mode for a few months.

In Summary: 

I'm Queen of Esquire Templar and my deceased husband Von Norman the King of Esquire Templar, but the fatal day the King disappeared I was forced to marry the dictator Vladimir Putin where he put me to work, but an argument had aroused and atlas I was engaged to Horse Cock and thrown inside an dark gutter where he treated me like scum, but I found an escape and I ran away to a better place on a far away land, at atlas I married a handsome Prince that will bear many more children with me

T's depress'd to seeth the endeth of a most wondrous empire, but Von Norman is out th're waiting, i has't a duty to stayeth in an alliance and help the young ones as much as i can, by being a tax farm with the did bite of life i has't hath left. I wish I had a chance to join one of the game nights 

1 hour ago, Anun Tidera said:

Would getting new leadership be an option?

this would be the second option should there be enough interest in setting up a proper gov bench however it seems right now the only one willing to step up to the plate is notlaws, and we would need a new head of each department and a new king essentially.

3 hours ago, Squeegee said:

Glad this is your main concern Valentino, however should we retire the alliance we’ll likely go through post war tax records and disperse what was taxed 

Asking about finances in a game that centers around finances isn't out of line, I don't think.

Honestly, like a few others here, I'm really burnt out of PnW, it just doesn't feel like it used to. I'm only logging in every few days and hardly doing much when I do and I know I'm not the only one-even if we were to try to revive SK, it'd be very difficult. Perhaps calling it here would be for the best, keeping the community alive and running some game nights, maybe even jumping into another online clan-based game.

To tell you the truth, I've been exhausted for some time. I've been planning to stop playing for a while, but I haven't done it yet. I think this is a good way to end SK in PNW at last. This last 3 years have been amazing and I thank you all for that.

1 minute ago, noahback said:

Neither I'm not leaving I just can't lead sk and play the other game and lead in both.

I think I mistyped. I meant lead instead of leave. :lol::think:

Although I’m not very active in the discord SK has been a blast. PnW is one of the most complicated games I’ve played in terms of the learning curve and SK has been great at helping younger players. I wouldn’t be opposed to trying to revive it or if needed stepping up to help out, but I have little to no experience on leading in a game like this. (The only experience that’s sort of relative would be leading a pretty big alliance in Final Fantasy: a new empire for a year or two.) But if people are tired of playing, which it sounds like some are, I don’t want to beat a dead horse. Like many said, the community is great and there are other games out there. If the SK server stays up and switches towards more of a community server rather than a game-based server I’ll be fine with that too. But PnW drew me in with the lack of pay-to-win that was so different from so many other games. Whether or not SK continues to exist as an alliance, I’ll continue to play. 

I am more than happy to continue playing P&W as i enjoy playing the game very well, as for SK i have had interest in government positions but i can not guarantee that i can put in the time due to rl so i never really bothered to apply, i do hope SK continues but i fully understand people wat to move on with their interests ad games like this and CN are a slow paced entertainment rather than other games and the complex systems can be a full time job, if people want to move on then good luck to those that want to go.

it is a tough question... i like the game, and the community. (except wars, those are annoying) i like playing it as an idle game and the slow development. so i guess i am not leaving the game.

for the alliance, i love here. (i forgot when did i come and how did i come). i wish the alliance is still running (at least it is not just a name and no one cares). however, i also understand that many of us cant really afford to much work in the game due to the game meta(?). and even bradley moved to his new alliance. (bradley is so important to us and served us for running the alliance)

if, just if... if we cant really having it running like other active alliance outside there. at least can we have the very minimum relationship with other alliances? like... making us neutral and we are not going in their wars and shit stuffs. (idk if neutral still works nowadays, i miss the very very old GPA which had been neutral for a long time). if we cant keep the bank or other loan programs running, we can just shut down the unnecessary services and leave the alliance in very low tax. (and everyone will be on their own, at least for development)

if we cannot go on, like some other members stated, we can merge with some other alliance which is welcome to have us. or maybe having multiple alliances that are able to accept us. also as concern, the tax and bank stuffs, well we have records so i guess it is fine.