Sign in to follow this  
Squeegee

SK Government Shutdown

Last night I broached the subject of where we should take the alliance next, as it is we don't really have any bench left or current gov with the desire to do any work. A lot of us had agreed that retiring the alliance on the 10 year anniversary may be the best move but we wanted to broach the subject with remaining members prior to doing so.

In my mind there is only so many ways this can go about,

1) We broach the members and discover what is assumed, that there isn't really enough members around to continue leading the alliance and we end up creating an exit plan leading up to the 10 year anniversary
2) Somehow the members miraculously pull together and we find a way to train them in some way before letting the kids take over.

In terms of the first option we would have to prepare our protectorate rohirr potentially to find a new prot or set them up with TKR, TKR seems willing to support us in any way that we need and I wouldn't imagine that we would have a problem down grading to a protectorate deal should we want to once we "retire" the alliance.

The second option if it does somehow happen is a tough one because as I outlined last night I have absolutely zero desire (along with the remaining current gov) to really do anything related to this game so training a new generation would be half assed at best and would likely result in some classic SK blunders before shit goes completely down hill again.

If there is anything I missed or that you would like to add in this thread please do so, even if it's just copy and pasting what was said in the discord last night. This thread is really just meant to keep the conversation in one spot and more focused.

We definitely need to open up a discussion with the members and get some honest talk about what this alliance actually means to itself. If people still want to try and be a real alliance, even quasi-competitively (tier 2 maybe, not as a tier 1 AA for the foreseeable future), they are going to have to be willing to step up and put in the work for that in the gov departments. If nobody wants to do that, then we have to accept the reality that SK as anything more than a social organization is done. I'm fine with that, if that's where we've come. I just hope we don't get the same old 'SK needs more activity and better gov, but I won't be putting anything towards that.' We'll see. If there are enough people who want to put the effort in, then we can try again and see what happens. But if not, I don't really have a problem with stopping active recruitment and just sort of puttering on. We just need to be honest with ourselves and the world that we are mostly just friends hanging out - and not be like UPN and retain any delusions that we are still a major AA. I think it's fine to be a retirement casual AA as long as everyone is clear about it. We'll see what happens, but that is almost certainly the route we end up taking.

I do understand the fears that if we try and reform again with a new gov, that it will still fail in the end. But if it does, it does. It doesn't really put us anywhere other than back where we are now. If there are enough members who honestly want to give it a try, I'd say go for it, whatever the odds. But realistically we likely aren't going to go that path.

I still plan on sending out some trinkets or stickers or something to all the remaining members come our 10 year anniversary in march, with something special for the few remaining peeps who I feel have contributed a lot to SK over the years.

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

I do understand the fears that if we try and reform again with a new gov, that it will still fail in the end. But if it does, it does. It doesn't really put us anywhere other than back where we are now. If there are enough members who honestly want to give it a try, I'd say go for it, whatever the odds. But realistically we likely aren't going to go that path

It's less about the fears of reformation and more about getting them the proper resources lol, just from these last 6 or months alone I know that I wont be able to properly train and pass on the torch to a new government that wont just result in a repeat situation such as this. I think SK as it is now is in a good spot to kinda just bow out but by handing things over to a new gov it could result things being ended on a not so high note. And by also making a new gov it then takes the decision out of our hands whether or not its time to retire the alliance which can just result in more floundering.

Sign in to follow this