Sign in to follow this  
Anun Tidera

Poll #277 - Birthdays

Celebrating birthdays  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you usually celebrate your birthday?

• I don't
    • I just do a few things during the day.
    • I celebrate with family around my birthday
    • Other
  2. 2. Do you know anyone that has a birthday that has some special relationship with yours?

• Birthday twins: Their birthday is within a week of yours
    • Half-birthday twins: Their birthday is within a week of your half-birthday
    • Other or none (specify if you want)

Fun Fact #1: Today is my 18th birthday IRL. If it's January 15th or later for you when you see it, just know that it was January 14 in my area when I posted this.

Fun Fact #2: September is the most common month for birthdays while December is the least common. The date varies by country, but in most countries, September is still a peak month. Here are the stats for the UK (although I live in the US): https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/livebirths/articles/howpopularisyourbirthday/2015-12-18

EDIT: On the second question, the third option was originally other. Now, it's other or none because sometimes, you don't have either.

Edited by Anun Tidera

Here are my answers for the 2 questions:
Question 1 (maybe I should've made it a multiple choice question): I celebrate with my family and sometimes some friends. Last year, I played laser tag with my mom, one of her employees, and some of her children. The year before, I did the same thing but with my mom and a few people in my school's Student Council. In Student Council, we rarely celebrate the birthdays of members on their birthday or the nearest weekday to it if it's on a weekend. Instead, we celebrate the birthdays of everyone with a birthday in a given month at the end of the month or at the beginning of the next month if school is still in session. The way we celebrate is by making and giving cards to said members and other members try to find a reason for being grateful for their existence.

Question 2: In fact, in my school's Student Council this year, there's one of each. The birthday twin has her birthday a week after mine while the half-birthday twin has her birthday on July 14, 181 days (6 months) after mine. If you're wondering why I gave room of 1 week of difference is because on Snapchat, the charms for those milestones give that much room for error. Here's a list of friend charms on Snapchat: https://appstipsandtricks.com/snapchat-charms-list/