Sign in to follow this  
Anun Tidera

Poll #275 - How to Spend Lots of Money

If you had lots of money, how you'd spend it  

11 members have voted

1. 1. If you suddenly gained $1 trillion after taxes and without raising any suspicion, how would you start to spend it?

• Bribe your government to do whatever you wanted it to
    • Find the best way to protect it
    • Flash crash financial markets
    • Give to charity
    • Find some way to support you and your family
    • Other

For me, it would be making sure it was secure because eventually, someone I wouldn't want finding out about it would probably find out. After that, I don't know if I would flash crash or bribe governments.

On 1/12/2021 at 7:51 PM, Anun Tidera said:

Assuming you could get your hands on one and retrofit it for that purpose.

Do you honestly believe a shipbuilder wouldn't build an aircraft carrier for a TRILLION dollars, or that a nation wouldn't sell one for that much? The entire U.S. carrier fleet cost 1/100th of that.

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn666 said:

Do you honestly believe a shipbuilder wouldn't build an aircraft carrier for a TRILLION dollars, or that a nation wouldn't sell one for that much? The entire U.S. carrier fleet cost 1/100th of that.

What I was referring to was legality. And I believe 1 Gerald R Ford-class aircraft carrier will cost over $10 billion to build, so the entire carrier fleet would probably cost $100 billion, which is 1/10 of $1 trillion.

35 minutes ago, Anun Tidera said:

What I was referring to was legality. And I believe 1 Gerald R Ford-class aircraft carrier will cost over $10 billion to build, so the entire carrier fleet would probably cost $100 billion, which is 1/10 of $1 trillion.

It's a trillion dollars everything is legal if you have 1 trillion dollars.

On 1/13/2021 at 7:37 PM, Brooklyn666 said:

It's a trillion dollars everything is legal if you have 1 trillion dollars.

Yeah. Rich people definitely play by different rules. OJ Simpson was able to afford so many good lawyers that he was able to be acquitted of murder, and that's also probably despite his race. Lori Loughlin only had to serve 2 months in prison, perform 100 hours of community service, and pay $150k in fines for bribing officials at USC to get her daughters into that school. Her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, only had to serve 5 months in prison, pay a $250k fine, and do 250 hours of community service. The bribes totaled to around $500k. The main thing the more notable of the two daughters, Olivia Jade, only suffered was a loss of brand deals and maybe her spot at USC, which is probably the reason she made a weak apology for her family and being complicit in their bribery. Martha Stewart only served 5 months in prison in 2004 for insider trading. There are probably way more examples of the rich playing by different rules even if you only look at cases of them being on trial for illegal activity.

1. Pay off all my credit cards, car loan, and house loan, which hilariously would probably not make a dent in the money at all despite just how much debt it seems at the moment.
  2. Probably pay off my student loans too, even though I'm on a track to not having to pay them off if I keep doing public service for the next seven years because again, drop in the bucket and freedom of choice would be a nice burden to alleviate.
  3. Buy a dishwasher and a microwave :mellow:
  4. Decorate and renovate my house!
  5. Check with my family about their debts probably and help them out.
  6. Quit my job.
  7. Go back to school maybe.
  8. Travel the world!

And after all that, I'll almost certainly still have more than 999 billion. What I want in life is not particularly complex but I'm sure with 1 trillion, dreams will expand. :v