A mere Korutsu [Misato]

Poll #223 - If World War 3 Started what would you do?

10 members have voted

1. 1. If World War 3 Started what would you do?

• Fight for king and country as a frontline war hero.
    • Grow some balls and enlist as a volunteer as an average military serviceman.
    • Get a mandate service job to avoid the war.
    • Get conscripted and then shoot your hand after you get deployed to avoid fighting.
    • Panic and avoid conscription by going on the run.
    • Become a military tribunal and do nothing but berate the actual soldiers while lounging in your luxury accommodation.
    • Start anti-war protests and cause anarchy within your local community.
    • Other

If you have any other ideas dont forget to share them! :3

Fun Fact: In World War II, British soldiers got a ration of three sheets of toilet paper a day. Americans got 22. Adolf Hilter’s nephew, William Hilter, served in the US Navy during World War II.

Edited by A mere Korutsu [Misato]

15 minutes ago, carvell said:

If WW3 came about, everyone would be fucked well before people chose to join or not, Russia has 11k nukes and if they or anyone else choose to detonate just one..... the results would be beyond measure.

Not necessarily as even now many wars are fought, and even between nuclear powers but that did not lead to any detonations. WW3 could well be a conventional war, as everyone even with no common sense knows that if you push the button you foreit the life of not only yourself but the entire world.

36 minutes ago, Bradley said:

When have two nuclear powers gone to war against each other? Curious because I can’t recall such an instance, happy to be proven wrong though. 

Pakistan and India? Not sure of the last time they went to war and when they got their nuclear weapons.

19 hours ago, Bradley said:

I guess it really depends on the cause of such a war. A war against fascism or a war fought for something unjustified would lead to a different response for me. A unjust war would lead me to protest, a just war would lead me to conscript. 

To be honest I wouldn't give much of a shit wether it was 'just' or 'unjust' the world is full of shit in the first place. And I firmly believe that war under any circumstances is not the awnser at all, we should work together and co-operate not fight and squable over our limited rescources. Even so if a war breaks out, I will never endorse it but I won't bother with protests that will go no where, I'll just get on with it and help my country, thats better than getting penalised for not.

7 minutes ago, Bradley said:

You think someone like H!tler would sit down and “work together”? I admire your idealism but some times war is justified, although more often than not it isn’t. I think you’d have a hard time arguing that WW2 wasn’t justified, for example.

It was a war that we were dragged into thanks to the unjustifyed land grabbing of fopdoodle and his insane ideology. You may call it idealistic, but what if we all did not think it was idealistic? Then this would be a much more peacful world. For example, in the 1800, when women thought of a world where they were equal to men was considered stupid and idealistic, so a world without wars shouldn't be called out as a stretch so soon.

23 hours ago, Brooklyn666 said:

Excuse me but what the fuck are these answer options. How hard is it to make a poll that isn't ridiculous? You can't make a poll that's so open-ended like this and then provide only a handful of weirdly specific answers.

Okay sure, well I simply outlined a number of possible options but for such an open yet interesting question I had left the other option open, as to allow you if you had any ideas to post them in here. And I can see where you call them "wierdly specific" but keep in mind the humourous tone of the poll awnsers they are not designed to draw out every specific action I could take, I would have to write an entire encyclopedia of possible actions if WW3 went off. Also I went for the awnsers I did because I felt that open-ended awnsers would be boring and uninspiring.

3 hours ago, Bradley said:

No I also wish we lived in a world where insane people like fopdoodle didn't exist & war wasn't needed. But ultimately, those kind of people occasionally do come to power. And they aren't the kind of people to sit around a table and work something out. Hence why WW2 was justified. 

What would be your solution to preventing people such as fopdoodle? Or other genocidal leaders? Try and appease them? Say "please lets stop this"?. It would be great if we lived in a world where such people don't exist. But it's not possible because cunts will exist for as long as humans exist.

Look at the fopdoodle question from German side. If it was a world war, we'd still serve. No matter the reason.

Awards

6 hours ago, Bradley said:

You think someone like H!tler would sit down and “work together”? I admire your idealism but some times war is justified, although more often than not it isn’t. I think you’d have a hard time arguing that WW2 wasn’t justified, for example.

Both sides in wars do everything they can to try to gain the moral high ground. With WW2, which is the war that was brought up, the publicly-stated justification for the invasion of Poland was a Polish attack on a radio station in Gleiwitz. The attack might have been faked, but it was convincing enough for most Germans. The Japanese in that time period were experts at using false flag attacks to justify wars. In 1931, some Japanese officers had a Japanese train blown up in Manchuria to justify an invasion of the region. They did the same thing in 1937 in Beijing to justify an invasion of the rest of China. The justification of the Winter War for the Soviet side was a Finnish artillery shelling of a border village, which was possibly also staged.

22 hours ago, Bradley said:

No I also wish we lived in a world where insane people like fopdoodle didn't exist & war wasn't needed. But ultimately, those kind of people occasionally do come to power. And they aren't the kind of people to sit around a table and work something out. Hence why WW2 was justified. 

What would be your solution to preventing people such as fopdoodle? Or other genocidal leaders? Try and appease them? Say "please lets stop this"?. It would be great if we lived in a world where such people don't exist. But it's not possible because cunts will exist for as long as humans exist.

I understand your point, but really especially in the western world we have the power to stop morons taking over and even if someone insane took over, I do agree appeasement will fix nothing, but we will have to cut the cancer by it's heart.