A mere Korutsu [Misato]

Poll #216 Family

Poll #216 Family  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Family is important, on a scale of 0-5 how good are your terms with your family?

2. 2. Which family member are you on best terms with?

• Mother (Or Step mother)
    • Father (Or Step Father)
    • Brother (Or Step/half brother)
    • Sister (Or Step/half sister)
    • Cousin
    • Grandmother
    • Grandfather
    • Uncle
    • Aunt
    • Godparent
    • Other
  3. 3. Which family member are you on worst terms with?

• Mother (Or Step mother)
    • Father (Or Step Father)
    • Brother (Or Step/half brother)
    • Sister (Or Step/half sister)
    • Cousin
    • Grandmother
    • Grandfather
    • Uncle
    • Aunt
    • Godparent
    • Other

Poll #216 Family

Family is important, on a scale of 0-5 how good are your terms with your family? 0 - being They hate me and my parents have disowned me. 5 - being you practically never argue and get along very well.

These personal topics can be quite sensitive and painful, but if something serious is happening and you are feeling lost and unsure of what to do, not only am I here but also many others, will be here to lend you any advice you need.

Edited by A mere Korutsu [Misato]

3 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

What if we practically never argue because I functionally live a double life that is slowly killing me.

Thats pretty much almost me, well used to. Really honest is important, if you want them to be honest and sincere with you, you'll have to be back as well. I remember when I was a fake around the rest of my family, and it was hard to break out of that cycle, but simply sitting down with them and spending sometime could really make them see you as more of a familily member than just some person who lives in the house. And don't be afraid to express youself at all, even it it brings in some conflict, you won't be happy if you hide in a shell. Of course there is a limit within common sense, but I am sure you have that. Try and appreicate your family and do things that will make them appreciate you as well. :3

I hope this helps-

1 hour ago, A mere Korutsu [Misato] said:

Thats pretty much almost me, well used to. Really honest is important, if you want them to be honest and sincere with you, you'll have to be back as well. I remember when I was a fake around the rest of my family, and it was hard to break out of that cycle, but simply sitting down with them and spending sometime could really make them see you as more of a familily member than just some person who lives in the house. And don't be afraid to express youself at all, even it it brings in some conflict, you won't be happy if you hide in a shell. Of course there is a limit within common sense, but I am sure you have that. Try and appreicate your family and do things that will make them appreciate you as well. :3

I hope this helps-

I don’t really think you’ve spent enough time around Bible thumping fundies, where a good social standing inside the church is more important than your family ties. 

It’s not to say I’m expendable in their eyes, but if they had to chose between the church and me I’d be disowned immediately.

23 hours ago, Gandalf said:

I don’t really think you’ve spent enough time around Bible thumping fundies, where a good social standing inside the church is more important than your family ties. 

It’s not to say I’m expendable in their eyes, but if they had to chose between the church and me I’d be disowned immediately.

Ah- Fair enough, everyone I know is atheiest, the UK is not a very religious country. Especially the capital, kinda rough for those who still suffer under religion though.