Sign in to follow this  
Squeegee

Discussion on Members with Repeated Raid Loss

Alright so this has been a reoccurring issue these past couple months it seems and we’re long over due on proper discussion on this primarily my fault due to busy schedule. 

Brad has brought to my attention that we’ve lost (or more specifically our members)a combined 1.2bn in cash and resources due to raids against our members. Quite honestly he’s right in saying this isn’t acceptable but we need to identify the root of this problem. Some points discussed are as follows;

- Members being too lazy to log on and either stash their shit or fight back.

- inactivity that causes raiders to find SK members as suitable targets on top of them l having loads of cash they don’t deposit. 
- members not falling in line with MMR 

sometimes we will see a combination of the above issues. So we need ways to remedy this that works best for the alliance and realistically it boils down to member cooperation in my opinion. The best we can do at the time of a member being raided is counter for them and address the member when they’re raided and let them know what steps should be taken to prevent heavy losses. At that point it’s up to the member whether or not they follow direction, and if they don’t then it’s as simple as some form of punishment be it removed from the alliance, higher tax, or barred from economic programs. Hell maybe even a strike system given the repeat offenses we have. whatever we want it to be here. 

In an attempt to prevent the issue before it starts we should likely start having milcom do more checkups on members making sure they’re meeting MMR and more activity check ins as well especially for members who have previously had issues with activity before. Something along the lines of reminding those more inactive members that if they can’t dedicate a ton of time to make sure they’re depositing their shit so they don’t lose it. 

I’m writing this post on my lunch break so apologies for formatting. A lot of this is just off the top of my head from what I’ve been able to gather these last couple of weeks so feel free to correct me / clarify / add on to what I have written here. This is most definitely something I want to have packaged up by the end of next week at the latest so let’s get some discussion going on it. 

On 10/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, Bradley said:

In terms of tracking the loot lost - this has really got to come from Milcom & has to be a proactive approach. Constantly checking up on MMR - no need to wait for audits to do this. I can probably build a command  into Keeper to automise some of that process. But also ensuring that when someone is declared on, that they are actually depositing into the bank. Sadly, members are either too stupid or too lazy to do this themselves so they need telling. And tell them again if they don't. And again, until they do it. Of course we could just say "well if they lose that then it's their own fault". Problem is, it paints SK in a bad light and also makes our AA as a whole more of a target imo. Moreover, not tackling this issue now risks letting it happen during a war when a lot more is at stake.

This is probably the bigger part of this, checking to make sure members are meeting MMR and not making themselves targets should be more consistent. We also may want to start reaching out to members more personally especially those that seem to go inactive quite often to have a more thought out conversation with them on their activity and what's going on rather than just "Hey you're on red log on". Getting to the root as to why they are reaching such levels of inactivity and then presenting them with solutions for such inactivity like depositing their resources or having some other compromise that works well for them and making sure they aren't loosing all their shit.

I think a strike system isn't a bad idea but we have to be pretty specific in what it is that constitutes as a strike, I also think having a strike last for as long as 3 months is a little too long and maybe should be capped at a month max. I do however like the idea of members getting strikes but allowing them to expire after x amount of time too. If barring from economic programs isnt good enough then I am all for other punishments, we can tax the members more if need be given they are just going to lose that cash anyways and if they dont want to be taxed then their option is to either be more active + meet their MMR requirements on top of depositing their shit or we can tax it from them before they can lose it.

Edited by Squeegee

Sign in to follow this