Bradley

SK Chess Tournament: Post Results here

The Seven Kingdoms Second Chess Tournament

Welcome to the Seven Kingdoms Chess tournament! We have 24 marvellous contestants. Below are the rules:

• We will use the website lichess for games. Guidance on how to use this site will be detailed below, although it isn't particularly difficult.
  • When setting up the game, we will use "Real time" time control. This time will be set at 20 minutes per person. Again, help on this will be detailed below. I am setting it at 20 because we don't want games lasting over several days, and it adds a bit of pressure to both sides. I am sympathetic to irl commitments, so speak to your opponent if circumstances outside of your control require you to need extra time, and I would urge everyone to play in the spirit of fair play and good sportsmanship. 
  • When setting up the game, make sure it is randomised as to who starts. Guidance will be set out on how to do this at the bottom of this page.
  • For the first round, it is down to you and your opponent to organise your match. You have until Friday 9pm (GMT+1) to play your match and report the result. Make sure you report the result by commenting on this post using the template below.
  • You can move onto the second round by yourself if you like, but I will be positing an update on Friday, or whenever the first round is completed so you can wait until then if you like.
  • For the final, we will organise a live viewing for anyone interested. More on that to follow as we get there.
  • We are using the system "Double elimination". Due to the odd number, there will be a number of people who will skip the first round. This can't be helped, and all matches have been randomly selected.
  • Take backs (or going back a step, whatever you wanna call it) is now against the rules.

So without further ado, here are the first round of fixtures.

How to set up a game on lichess:

Spoiler

Go to https://lichess.org.

Click "Play with a friend".

Variant: Standard.

Time control: Real time.

Minutes per side: 20 minutes.

Increment in seconds: 10.

Click the middle symbol (half white/half black). This will randomise who is white, and as such, who has the first move.

It will then give you a link to copy. Send this to your opponent. You can also use this link to give to others to spectate, should you wish.

Good luck! Remember to report results below asap.

Format for recording results:

Spoiler

Comment below this thread using this format:

Round (round number here)

@XXXX v @XXXX

XXXX win.

So for example;

Round 1

@Bradley v @Random_Person

Bradley win.

Edited by Bradley

8 hours ago, Anun Tidera said:

For my match, how do I send the link to my opponent? When will the next round take place?

15 hours ago, Bradley said:

• You can move onto the second round by yourself if you like, but I will be positing an update on Friday, or whenever the first round is completed so you can wait until then if you like.

E251514E-155C-4381-ACFB-722042280BEC.jpeg

You can view the brackets here, and I will update this as the results come through: https://challonge.com/n7cfg384 

Second round matches already played:
@Eclipse v @Lancelot1 (Lancelot01 win)

@A mere Korutsu [Misato] v @Bradley (Bradley win)

@Xaria v @alyster (Alyster win)

@Callum v @Anun Tidera (Callum win)

Still to be played:
 @carvell v @Wojtek Thorn

@CuppyCakeYums v @Wojtek Thorn

@Gandalf v @Clover

@VoidedLynx v @GrandCommissarWill

***NEW***

Losers bracket: Given the demand, this competition has now switched to double elimination. A very quick flash poll was conducted after some demand, and so here we are. This will ensure everyone gets at least 2 games. 

So loser bracket games:

@Anun Tidera v @Squeegee

@Xaria v @Martain Luther King

@Fasper v To be decided 

@A mere Korutsu [Misato] v £Luna (Misato advanced forward due to Luna being knocked out for not completing first round match on time)

@AlexanderTheGreat420 v To be decided

@Eclipse v @Noni (eclipse advanced forward due to Noni being knocked out for not completing first round match on time)

@MC-Master095 v To be decided

@Galen v To be decided

Please note:

You can now advance forward to the fourth round if you like. I will post a further update on Monday evening with where we are at.

I am putting a time limit of Monday evening at 9PM GMT+1 for all round 2 matches to be played at least. Ideally, we want to be further, but life is life.

Edited by Bradley

1 hour ago, GrandCommissarWill said:

Well played both.

So this means that @VoidedLynx plays @Fasper in the losers bracket:D

https://challonge.com/n7cfg384 

Edited by Bradley