Xaria

What is your favorite anime

Donator

Corey in the House

On 5/19/2020 at 8:44 AM, Squeegee said:

Hmm SAO is a really good one, I also really enjoyed Naruto and rn Haikyuu is really fun to watch. SAO kinda sucked tho last it’s first two seasons. 

I agree, my favorite seasons are SAO Alicization Season 1 and 2. Those are actually really good

6 hours ago, Gandalf said:

All anime is cartoons though

No, Cartoons are different

Anime is considered to be on it's own category because it's animation art style would be different (Japanese Art)... different from the cartoon art, anime CAN be considered as an adult version of cartoon but IT IS NOT on the level of HENTAI.

Cartoon has it is own Category and so does Anime.

Edited by Xaria

4 hours ago, Fasper said:

I think you can guess mine lol, SAO is dope. :blush:

Season 1 is my favourite and Alicization is pretty good aswell and rn I'm waiting for the final 11 episodes. Can't wait anymore.

Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season

Ayeeeeee, fr dude,they are dropping Season 3 and apparently it is the ending which is what I am very excited about.

Donator

I mean, Anime are cartoons. It's literally just the borrowing of the English word animation, and truncating it. Japan itself makes no distinction, and actually refers to western animation as Anime. On the other hand, at least in many western countries, it is also a very vaguely defined genre/ art style. Though where you would fit in works from other countries in the Anime style (like Korean, Chinese, or even a few western ones that copy it), or on the other hand, Japanese animation that sticks to western style, I don't know. Back when it was just the Japanese making "anime" and "manga", that was a lot easier to define. But just as the early anime was copying western animation, the distinctive style they developed over the years has come back and is now influencing other nations, including the American animations that spawned it.

TL:DR - It's all Spongebob to me.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I mean, Anime are cartoons. It's literally just the borrowing of the English word animation, and truncating it. Japan itself makes no distinction, and actually refers to western animation as Anime. On the other hand, at least in many western countries, it is also a very vaguely defined genre/ art style. Though where you would fit in works from other countries in the Anime style (like Korean, Chinese, or even a few western ones that copy it), or on the other hand, Japanese animation that sticks to western style, I don't know. Back when it was just the Japanese making "anime" and "manga", that was a lot easier to define. But just as the early anime was copying western animation, the distinctive style they developed over the years has come back and is now influencing other nations, including the American animations that spawned it.

TL:DR - It's all Spongebob to me.

Yes no matter how you look at anime it is a cartoon but anime is still different since it is actually considered to be a Japanese Cartoon... (because of their art) ...if that is how you like to say it.

V This is the past western cartoon style

(now sometimes America would copy Japan's art and make >anime< series but it would be in English)

acde3ece183cec8d5f9d0a11a9206dcc.jpg

^ This is Japanese Animation style

(it is popular because Japanese culture is literally anime and a lot of people like the Japanese art in the West... it is Anime)

--------------------------------

Copy Paste: V

(Select this big black paragraph then paste it somewhere where you can see it)

1. A cartoon is an animated film or television program that features superheroes, animals, and child protagonists while anime is a type of cartoon which was developed and made in Japan.
2. Both use the projection of photographed drawings in a fast sequence to give the illusion of movement; while a cartoon is usually aimed at young children anime is aimed at an older audience and adults although children also watch it.
3. The storyline of an anime is more complex while that of a cartoon is simpler.
4. Both may be created by drawing scenes and characters by hand or through generating them from a computer. While cartoon programs enjoy great popularity, anime has surpassed it in later years.
5. Cartoons have existed since the Middle Ages in the form of drawings made in preparation for other works of art while anime was developed and gained popularity in the 1980s. 

Or, the TL,DR (the too long, didn’t read version: the difference between cartoon and anime is mostly a matter of opinion and location. Most of us will agree that Pokemon and Sailor Moon cover both but other shows will fall under just one category.

--------------------------------

Now lets talk about Pokemon(TV Show) and the reason why is because people say it is a cartoon and other say it is an anime, It is actually both considering the fact it is somewhat close to anime style but it is also a cartoon.

<I hope now you understand more on what I am trying to prove here>

anime is a loan word for "animation" and "cartoon" because it is just so similar yet it is different by the style.

Spongebob IS Cartoon

if it was to be anime then this is how it would be: https://youtu.be/4WCbjCyauLA

Edited by Xaria
Stfu I don't have a reason

19 hours ago, alyster said:

Oh you mean that sort of anime? No I am not an adult male who watches Japanese drawing hyper sexual teenagers. Infact I find it disturbing. 

It doesn't have to be sexual, infact some are not sexual or ecchi at all it is just that the drawing would look more advanced in a way and the stories with the plots would be a bit different as well... please watch an anime series instead of judging it by it's cover

because you sound like you never watched anime before.

Edited by Xaria

On 5/15/2020 at 9:10 PM, Xaria said:

Mine is Sword Art Online

I thought you were trolling when you said SAO its at best high tier trash anime, the worst popular iseaki out there.  At least pick Shield Hero or something. :P

On 5/16/2020 at 1:02 PM, Mikey said:

Corey in the House

Corey in the House?  Might as well say Boku no Pico for edgy answers. :D

On 5/20/2020 at 4:14 PM, alyster said:

Only anime I have deemed worthy to be watched is Rick and Morty. 

Change that to Archer and alright. :)

On 5/24/2020 at 3:12 AM, alyster said:

Oh you mean that sort of anime? No I am not an adult male who watches Japanese drawing hyper sexual teenagers. Infact I find it disturbing. 

Anime has a very diverse catalogue.  There is a stereotype that anime is all about ecchi but it really isn't.  Plenty of shows out there that don't go for panty shots.  Going to have to deal with teenagers of some sort in most though, the genre is directed at that demographic...

If you want a different stereotype how about the muscled macho hero?  Plenty of fighting anime out there, or maybe mecha?  Though for those asking for an entry level anime I'd always go for Cowboy Bebop (sort of like Firefly I think) or Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood for entry level shows.

Which by chance are two of my favs along with Fate:Zero and Steins;Gate, there are several possibles that I'd put as a favorite.

For the OP if you're curious I'm a bit of a fan after all. :)          https://myanimelist.net/animelist/gswelcome

13 hours ago, alyster said:

tVTONVMR_400x400.jpg 

I reset my case.

SMH.

If I put an ecchi anime character as my profile picture it doesn't mean every anime series or every art about anime is ecchi or sexual.

like what @Jaime Lannister said

41 minutes ago, Jaime Lannister said:

Anime has a very diverse catalogue.  There is a stereotype that anime is all about ecchi but it really isn't.  Plenty of shows out there that don't go for panty shots.  Going to have to deal with teenagers of some sort in most though, the genre is directed at that demographic...

If you want a different stereotype how about the muscled macho hero?  Plenty of fighting anime out there, or maybe mecha?  Though for those asking for an entry level anime I'd always go for Cowboy Bebop (sort of like Firefly I think) or Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood for entry level shows.

I rest my case.

41 minutes ago, Jaime Lannister said:

I thought you were trolling when you said SAO its at best high tier trash anime, the worst popular iseaki out there.  At least pick Shield Hero or something. :P

Bruh wym it is the worst, I like their story about Virtual Reality and for me it is a cool anime. Everyone has different taste don't come at me. I am planning on watching OverLord and maybe I will watch Shield Hero when I am done since you mentioned it and I am looking for more anime to watch so.

Edited by Xaria

3 hours ago, Xaria said:

Bruh wym it is the worst, I like their story about Virtual Reality and for me it is a cool anime. Everyone has different taste don't come at me. I am planning on watching OverLord and maybe I will watch Shield Hero when I am done since you mentioned it and I am looking for more anime to watch so.

It was a little more than half in jest, why I added the "high tier" trash as it certainly isn't terrible in a Dragonball: Evolution sense, just very generic and highly overrated to me.  I'm not familiar with your example (wym?) so I can't comment on that.  Isekai in general is so saturated everything looks to same to me, seems the studios can crap out titles and make money why actually put any effort into them?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.