Bradley

The Seven Kingdoms Chess Tournament: Info, rules and fixtures!

The Seven Kingdoms Chess Tournament

Welcome to the Seven Kingdoms Chess tournament! We have 14 marvellous contestants. Below are the rules:

• We will use the website lichess for games. Guidance on how to use this site will be detailed below, although it isn't particularly difficult.
  • When setting up the game, we will use "Real time" time control. This time will be set at 15 minutes per person. Again, help on this will be detailed below. I am setting it at 15 because we don't want games lasting over several days, and it adds a bit of pressure to both sides. I am sympathetic to irl commitments, so speak to your opponent if circumstances outside of your control require you to need extra time, and I would urge everyone to play in the spirit of fair play and good sportsmanship. 
  • When setting up the game, make sure it is randomised as to who starts. Guidance will be set out on how to do this at the bottom of this page.
  • For the first round, it is down to you and your opponent to organise your match. You have until Friday 9am (GMT+1) to play your match and report the result. Make sure you report the result by commenting on this post.
  • For the bronze match and the final, we will organise a live viewing for anyone interested. More on that to follow as we get there.
  • We are using the system "Single elimination". Due to the odd number, 3 people will skip the first round. This can't be helped, and all matches have been randomly selected.

So without further ado, here are the first round of fixtures.

Spoiler

@carvell versus @Squeegee

@Clover versus @A Very Critical Brit

@Gudea versus @-Bradley-

@Cheshire versus @Zalcrid I

@tboz1128 versus @alyster

@MC-Master095 versus @Gandalf

Skipping the first round because of the odd numbers:  @Eclipse and @HRM King Valentino.Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 20.42.53.png

How to set up the games on lichess.

Spoiler

Go to https://lichess.org.

Click "Play with a friend".

Variant: Standard.

Time control: Real time.

Minutes per side: 15 minutes.

Increment in seconds: 10.

Click the middle symbol (half white/half black). This will randomise who is white, and as such, who has the first move.

It will then give you a link to copy. Send this to your opponent. You can also use this link to give to others to spectate, should you wish.

Good luck! Remember to report results below asap.

Edited by -Bradley-

Donator

Round 1 Result
@Clover vs @A Very Critical Brit

Clover win.

Edited by Clover

Donator

Round 1 Result
@tboz1128 vs @alyster

Alyster win.

Donator

Round 1 Result
@Zalcrid I vs @Cheshire

Cheshire win

Donator

Round 1 Result
@MC-Master095 vs @Gandalf

McMaster win

skchessrn2.png

This is where things stand at the moment.

So round 2 matches are:

@HRM King Valentino versus @Squeegee

@Clover versus @Gudea

@Eclipse versus @Cheshire (already played, result above)

@alyster versus @MC-Master095

Goodluck!

The match for the 3rd place and the finals will take place live!

Edited by -Bradley-

Donator

Round 2 Result

@Gudea vs @Clover

Clover win

Round 3 result:

Alyster vs Eclipse

Eclipse win.

And so on that note, Eclipse goes forward to the finals, and Alyster will play in the bronze match! We are still waiting for Squeegee and King Valentino to play their round 2 match, before the winner plays round 3.

UPDATE: Despite our best efforts, the @Squeegee versus @HRM King Valentino game was unable to be organised. In such a situation, I have to take into account why a match could not take place, and decide on the next step.

As such, I have decided to forfeit HRM King Valentino. This is because I am satisfied that Squeegee made every attempt to organise this match, and for whatever reason, HRM King Valentino could not make the provisions needed for the round continue.

Therefore,

Round 2 result:

Squeegee vs HRM Valentino

Squeegee win by default.

The competition now looks like this:

skchessrn2.png

Next match is @Squeegee versus @Clover. This will then be followed by the Bronze match, and then the finals. Times for these will be organised in advance, so a live viewing can be held.

Edited by -Bradley-

Finals and Bronze

Following the end of round 3, we can now proceed onto the bronze match, and then the final!

Bronze (Best of 3)

@Squeegee versus @alyster

Final (Best of 3)

@Eclipse versus @Clover

skchessrn2.thumb.png.dc734e357a7987a841494b1e52da5523.png

Ideally the bronze match will be played first. It is, again, down to the contestants to arrange the fixtures. However, as these are the final games, please post the time (euro friendly pleaseee) the matches will be held in advance on this thread! That way we can all watch!

Donator

Final game two:

@Eclipse Vs @Clover

@Cloverwin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.