Gandalf

Game of Thrones Mafia #2

Donator

Well I've seen better odds...

Donator

Well nevertheless, since Sharols list has been proven a fraud, those he listed as "safe" roles on it are the most suspicious. The smart way would have been to have at least one on the list being real, with the rest used to hide mafia. That way the "real" guy will assume the list is definitely true and back the other "fake" starks, or if we accidentally kill someone who is listed correctly it will lend further credence. So I do not believe that all three of the starks listed in his list are the boltons. Its possible, but if it were me its now how I would have gone about the deception as its suboptimal.

That said our best bet now is probably to hang one of them, or Val, the vigilante. I guess we'll see in the morning who dies. We basically have to pray the Serial Killer gets a bolton, or we lose. Vig if you are still there I'd say take a shot in the dark as well. At this point we have 1-2 turns (depending on who dies tonight, maybe none) basically or we lose and the Boltons can just outvote everyone else.

Donator

Val you need to kill someone on the stark list of Aretons. I would say Havelock since we keep talking about killing him and he's apparently put together a bullet for us :P But anyone will do (since those are the most suspect). If you dont (and dont save it this may be our last night we can still win), we know you aren't the vig. If there are enough townies left we hang Val, we'll know he's Mafia and sharol tried to cover for him.

Donator

Valdoroth is killing Havelock tonight to prove he is really the Vigilante, and to get rid of one of the high suspect people (all those marked as starks on aretons fake list). This should give us good info. If, by some chance, Val actually isn't the vig....Real vig you gotta kill val. He is now openly claiming he is the vig, so if he isn't we know for sure he is mafia. My money is that he is the vig, but just in case, real vig do whats gotta be done.

Gandalf, just to clarify, if a killer is role blocked, do you report that as an attempt, or only when only when the target is healed or immune? 

(Asking because there was some confusion after night 1, when I was alive, about whether or not killers were role blocked by Bran or Robin. And now, an attempt was made with no doctor.) 

Donator

Thats a good question. We should look at the roles again. If the vig was role blocked Bluesalomi could be innocent, and the mafia were just stopping the vig to ensure he didnt kill them. If it wasnt a role block though...then blue is either SK or Mafia, the only two night immune people.

That said Val is also hugely suspicious. We told him last night to prove he is vig and take down a suspect, he had to kill havelock. The attempt was not made on havelock. Either val ignored our directives, which is odd, or he was indeed lying about being the vig (more likely since we said we'd hang him otherwise). Though I dont know why the real vig wouldn't have killed the fake vig, knowing he is obviously mafia :P So maybe val just fucked up.

That said, the SK killed Lucky who was revealed as mafia. Lucky was on aretons list as a stark banner. As I suspected, areton was hiding the mafia on that list. We know callum, a real stark, was framed as the SK, and lucky, a bolton, tried to pass off as Stark. Thus the most suspicious people, in addition and arguably even over val and blue, are the other two listed as bannerman - Jean and Havelock. We keep talking about hanging havelock, lest just fucking do it :P

2 hours ago, Ren said:

Gandalf, just to clarify, if a killer is role blocked, do you report that as an attempt, or only when only when the target is healed or immune? 

Anytime someone is saved from being killed it is reported as a failed attempt. Whether the target is healed, immune, jailed, role blocked, etc. It's all the same.

Donator
2 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's a good question. We should look at the roles again. If the vig was role blocked Bluesalomi could be innocent, and the mafia were just stopping the vig to ensure he didnt kill them. If it wasnt a role block though...then blue is either SK or Mafia, the only two night immune people.

That said Val is also hugely suspicious. We told him last night to prove he is vig and take down a suspect, he had to kill havelock. The attempt was not made on havelock. Either val ignored our directives, which is odd, or he was indeed lying about being the vig (more likely since we said we'd hang him otherwise). Though I dont know why the real vig wouldn't have killed the fake vig, knowing he is obviously mafia :P So maybe val just fucked up.

That said, the SK killed Lucky who was revealed as mafia. Lucky was on aretons list as a stark banner. As I suspected, areton was hiding the mafia on that list. We know callum, a real stark, was framed as the SK, and lucky, a bolton, tried to pass off as Stark. Thus the most suspicious people, in addition and arguably even over val and blue, are the other two listed as bannerman - Jean and Havelock. We keep talking about hanging havelock, lest just fucking do it :P

I didn't read to be honest, though I was not home until ~9:30pm and was too tired to think. But, I tried to killl blusalomi last night. Since there were 2 kills and 1 attempt/block(seriously though if it was blocked then there technically wasn't an attempt), and only the SK and godfather are immune at night. So my best guess is that Ramsey Bolton role blocked me, but was killed by SK as well. Then the goon that's alive hit callum, the "supposed sk" as the mafia's primary threat.

Participants: (Bold are alive)

1. Clover Nrxkr7u.png Sansa Stark - alignment cop
  2. NibraNrxkr7u.png Melisandre - Doctor
  3. LuckyNako Nrxkr7u.png Ramsey Bolton - Mafia roleblocker
  4. BrooklynNrxkr7u.png Petyr Baylish - role cop
  5. JaimeLannisterNrxkr7u.png Jailer
  6. SharoylNrxkr7u.png Bolton rolecop
  7. Mikey
  8. Ren Nrxkr7u.png Arya Stark - Double voter
  9. iTorchic Nrxkr7u.png Bran Stark - role blocker
  10. JeanP
  11. Callum Nrxkr7u.png Stark Bannerman
  12. CarvellNrxkr7u.png Bolton Bannerman
  13. Squeegee
  14. Havelock
  15. BluebearNrxkr7u.png  Exectutioner
  16. Bradley
  17. Valdoroth
  18. Blusalomi

4 starks(vig, 3 bannermen), 2 boltons (godfather and goon), 1 serial killer

Edited by Valdoroth

Donator

Well the two most suspicious are still the other two listed as Stark Bannerman on Sharols fake list. I say we hang Havelock per previous agreements and because he is one of the two remaining "starks" on that list. You are probably right that Lucky role blocked you before dying to the SK. I'm not sure why the mafia wouldn't just kill you :P You can try killing Bluesalomi again, though Jean P might also be a good target as he is the other listed stark.

Mikey, who is to say you are not a Bolton? I dislike the amount of unfounded trust put into you. The two perhaps could be red herrings to try and lead us to kill the other two assuming they are bad. You could have seen that Nako was already a busted lid by me and worked with the SK to kill him to again lead us to believe the other two are bad. 

You guys can hang me if you want to lose the game :P 

I'm a Stark, obviously you don't have to take my word on it but it would help to not lynch me to keep the Starks able to win :)

In any event I do agree that we should lynch Havelock and hope for the best. Clearly the list from Areton had false information but how do we know he didn't put a mix of info in? So when found out that part of the list was incorrect we would assume everything was incorrect and perhaps overlook something. I dunno.

I trust Jean the most  therefore he is probably sk or godfather. So, naturally, I wouldn't say hanging him is a good idea. Some of the info on the list could be true just by pure chance too. 

I'm going to say if he is it does make perfect sense. He seemed off and this does explain how he could be still very engaged in the catching of the Boltons.