This forum is no longer in use. Please do not post here. Go to our new forums at http://7kingdoms.net/pw/

Photo

D&D

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Tibbles

Tibbles

Apprentice

• Squire

• 93 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:51 PM

Alright listen up here fellow nerds, I'm being coerced into probably maybe running another game of D&D on roll 20.  If anyone is interested in joining please contact clover or me for as we all know im lazy. I'm thinking maybe at least 5 people minimum to start it and time and dates will be determined later as this develops. It will most likely be version 5 only because it moves along much easier for newer people. If you dont want to play then yes you may go back to your girlfriends and or wives and kindly leave my mothers basement.  Using the webcam is optional knowing all you uhhh losers dont like people to see you but being on Discord is MANDATORY can't RP if i cant hear you

p.s. im not actually being coerced i want to play it again

200w.gif

Who Playin' so far:

-Valdoscrub

-Evil Mikey

-Gandalf (??? He was triggered at wizard appropriation but didn't say he'd play)

-Clover

-TheMips aka 'Bendover'

-Blusalomi

Edited by Clover, 07 October 2016 - 03:45 PM.

• Valdoroth likes this

Awards Bar:

#2 Valdoroth

Valdoroth

Professor

• King

• 3,517 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Nation Link:Click Here
  • Group Name:Astapor

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:56 PM

i wants

TDT Playground (198.24.160.34:32846)
Expecting the unexpected and unexpecting the expected.
u4QPzRq.png

Awards Bar:

#3 Mikey

Mikey

Lord of the Taters

• High Septon

• 782 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:21 AM

Im in.

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Edited by Mikey, 06 October 2016 - 12:22 AM.

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of High Garden, GVO.
loyalty%20badge.png

Awards Bar:

#4 Gandalf

Gandalf

Village Idiot

• Master of Whispers

• 1,186 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:48 AM

Im in.

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

tfw cultural appropriation 

wnIaRyJ.gif

• Mikey and Octavius like this

XOPjFGu.pngSluqiZZ.gifXOPjFGu.png

Awards Bar:

#5 Clover

Clover

Ruler of the Lylat System

• Master of Coin

• 532 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 October 2016 - 07:14 AM

If anyone is interested in joining please contact clover or me for as we all know im lazy

Too lazy to even run your own game.

Fine fine, I'll keep a running list but only because you're actually a halfway decent DM and it's fun.

Edited by Clover, 06 October 2016 - 07:15 AM.

Awards Bar:

#6 Nibra Kebru

Nibra Kebru

Journeyman

• Squire

• 160 posts
  • LocationThe Universe, The Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, The Milky Way, The Solar System, Earth, The North Western Hemisphere, North America, The United States of America

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:36 AM

I would play but I don't like using voice much ;-;

Awards Bar:

#7 Blusalomi

Blusalomi

Journeyman

• Diplomat - Land of Confusion
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:15 PM

5th ed is this i preffer 3.5 but i have a friend with most sourcebooks and im sure i can fit a session a week into my timetable depending on timings cant do anything other than weekends although Sundays would be difficult due to a 3.5 (the best edition) campaign im part of.

or in words that you mortals would better understand

Bow down for the Cassius family is coming to town

#8 Octavius

Octavius

Unrepentant Dipshit

• The Lost Twenty
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

Ever consider running Basic Fantasy Role-Playing?  It's basically old school OD&D and completely free.  There are loads of resources, all on pdf here: http://www.basicfantasy.org/.

• ChairmanHector likes this

Awards Bar:

#9 Mikey

Mikey

Lord of the Taters

• High Septon

• 782 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:32 PM

We should rock some shadowrun at some point 

loyalty%20badge.png

Awards Bar:

#10 Tibbles

Tibbles

Apprentice

• Squire

• 93 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:45 PM

Ever consider running Basic Fantasy Role-Playing?  It's basically old school OD&D and completely free.  There are loads of resources, all on pdf here: http://www.basicfantasy.org/.

yeah but its also free on for what we are doing i just chose to spend some money on roll 20

Awards Bar:

#11 Fanag

Fanag

Apprentice

• Diplomat - Knights Radiant
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:00 AM

Fifth edition definitely is one of the easier ones to learn. 3.5 is good, but times some time to learn the kinks and depends on what books the DM wants you to use. I'm sure fifth will get more complex once more material is written about it. A problem it suffers like in previous D&D rule sets is that the combat can be a chore at times.

#12 Blusalomi

Blusalomi

Journeyman

• 196 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:19 AM

the way my 3.5 dm runs it is if we learn the rules and get the books ourselves hes fine with it

#13 Valdoroth

Valdoroth

Professor

• King

• 3,517 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

the way my 3.5 dm runs it is if we learn the rules and get the books ourselves hes fine with it

Forget about trying to change which one he's using. He's not going to change it. If you don't like it, then don't join. It's a tad annoying when someone constantly tries to sell you a product you're not interested in. That's the best analogy I can think of.

There's free tools out there to help calculate stuff too. If it's there, I say make use of it.

Edited by Valdoroth, 09 October 2016 - 12:14 PM.

u4QPzRq.png

Awards Bar:

#14 Blusalomi

Blusalomi

Journeyman

• 196 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:29 PM

i wasnt trying to change his mind i was responding to fanag i enjoy 3.5 and 5th equally but why they went straight to 5th after 3.5 i dont know

#15 Tibbles

Tibbles

Apprentice

• Squire

• 93 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:43 PM

i wasnt trying to change his mind i was responding to fanag i enjoy 3.5 and 5th equally but why they went straight to 5th after 3.5 i dont know

shiiitt you expect people to actually go in order shit thats crazy talk

Awards Bar:

#16 Mikey

Mikey

Lord of the Taters

• High Septon

• 782 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:52 PM

More like D&REEEE. Somebody grab my tendies, I'm going in!

loyalty%20badge.png

Awards Bar:

#17 Blusalomi

Blusalomi

Journeyman

• 196 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

oh dear what have i started

#18 Valdoroth

Valdoroth

Professor

• King

• 3,517 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

Well how was I supposed to know that. Use the quote function >_>

u4QPzRq.png

Awards Bar:

#19 Octavius

Octavius

Unrepentant Dipshit

• The Lost Twenty
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:22 AM

Since we are on the topic of tabletop rpgs, Harnmaster is a cool one to try in the future if are ready to delve into levels of autism never seen before.  I am still learning the rules and the combat mechanics are pretty amazing.

Awards Bar:

#20 Blusalomi

Blusalomi

Journeyman

• 196 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:03 AM

i dont know how to use quote i cant forum

Debug Information (Toggle Debug Information)

IPSDebug Messages
makeSeoTitle (guest) called
Retreiving user agent information from the DB
Creating GUEST session: 7b8d7d74021f7ad9872a859f3e4e6f21
makeSeoTitle (guest) called
Gateway file confirmed: html
Skin set not found, setting default. Using set #4
Setting current module to: forums and current section to: topics

IPSMember Cache Actions
ADDED: Member ID: 311 with tables pfields_content,profile_portal,groups key (df28af09ab8ba146fbf4f722a6e192c4)

(76) Included Files
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/index.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/initdata.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/constants.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/base/ipsController.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/base/core.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/base/ipsMember.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/extensions/coreVariables.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/conf_global.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/classDbMysql.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/classDb.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/classDbMysqliClient.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/furlCache.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/extensions/coreVariables.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/session/publicSessions.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/extensions/coreExtensions.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/useragents/userAgentFunctions.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/class_localization.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/class_public_permissions.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/app_class_forums.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/sources/classes/forums/class_forums.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/tags/bootstrap.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/tags/abstract.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/extensions/tags/topics.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/sources/classes/topics.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/class_reputation_cache.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/trackMembers_reputation_17d48b096bc3f3c15ff0ef9bc9633733.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/itemmarking/classItemMarking.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/output/formats/coreOutput.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/core_public_global.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/modules_public/forums/topics.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/trackMembers_viewTopic_271ecd1cc4ea83565300e06b06f3a274.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/pinAwardsProSigHook_4823418b7df562cda396c9d9de16e07e.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/like/composite.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/extensions/like/topics.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/forums_public_forums.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/forums_public_topic.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/forums_public_boards.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/core_public_editors.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_global.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications_addon/other/trackmembers/sources/library.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/pinAwardsTopicViewQueryDataHook_9605e5b4176a506b2c9f806653f32c0d.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/customfields/profileFields.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/classCustomFields.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/ads.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/awards_public_awards.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications_addon/other/awards/sources/classes/classAwards.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications_addon/other/awards/sources/classes/classCache.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_awards.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/session/api.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_topic.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/core/sources/classes/reportLibrary.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/editor/composite.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier.auto.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/Bootstrap.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier.autoload.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser/legacy.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_global_other.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/handlers/han_login.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/loginauth/login_core.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/loginauth/login_interface.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/loginauth/internal/auth.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/tbPasswordChangeReminder_b503e18203b30b9a197ba69b3e14734a.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/readthattopicCheckPermission_04e124f8e3cb22e36abaa1287188bbc3.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/globalGlobalForumMessage_b81058205f3cdef84f654c40784780da.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/handlers/han_parse_bbcode.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/bbcode/core.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser/html.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode/defaults.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode/customTables.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode/bbsoundcloud.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/globalGlobalForumMessageGroup_79c0a89a4dca050f5b0b5b0eab802eba.php

Loaded Caches
TOTAL: 0bytes

Loaded Classes In ipsRegistry::getClass()

FORM and GET Input
module = forums
section = topics
request_method = get
showtopic = 3524
app = forums
t = 3524
last_visit = 1506307441
f = 61
start =
page =
view =
selectedpids =
selectedpidcount = 0

SKIN, MEMBER & TASK Info
set_id = 4
set_name = Rotating Background
set_key = _1387227323
set_parent_id = 5
set_parent_array = a:1:{i:0;s:1:"5";}
set_child_array = a:0:{}
set_permissions = *
set_is_default = 0
set_author_name =
set_author_url =
set_image_dir = memory
set_emo_dir = default
set_css_inline = 1
set_css_groups = a:20:{s:4:"1.59";a:2:{s:9:"css_group";s:6:"awards";s:12:"css_position";s:1:"1";}s:3:"1.1";a:2:{s:9:"css_group";s:15:"cal...
set_added = 0
set_updated = 1491587628
set_output_format = html
set_locked_uagent =
set_hide_from_list = 0
set_minify = 1
set_master_key = root
set_order = 3
set_by_skin_gen = 0
set_skin_gen_data =
_userAgents =
_youCanUse = 1
_gatewayExclude =
_skincacheid = 4
_csscacheid = css_4
Next task = 10 September 2017 - 07:35 AM
Time now = Today, 09:44 PM
Timestamp Now = 1506307441

MEMBER: last_visit: 1506307441 / Today, 09:44 PM

MEMBER: uagent_key: __NONE__

MEMBER: uagent_type:

MEMBER: uagent_version: 0

Loaded PHP Templates
skin_global, skin_awards, skin_topic, skin_global_other
skin_global_4, skin_awards_4, skin_topic_4, skin_global_other_4
core_public_global, forums_public_forums, forums_public_topic, forums_public_boards, core_public_editors, awards_public_awards

Queries Used

SELECT * FROM cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'systemvars','login_methods','vnums','app_cache','navigation_tabs','module_cache','hooks','useragents','useragentgroups','skinsets','outputformats','skin_remap','group_cache','settings','lang_data','banfilters','stats','badwords','bbcode','mediatag','profilefields','rss_output_cache','rss_export','meta_tags','ipseo_acronyms','attachtypes','multimod','moderators','announcements','report_cache','report_plugins','emoticons','ranks','reputation_levels','sharelinks' )

DELETE FROM sessions WHERE ip_address='54.156.47.142'

SELECT t.*,xxx.* FROM topics t LEFT JOIN core_tags_cache xxx ON ( xxx.tag_cache_key=MD5(CONCAT('forums',';','topics',';',t.tid)) ) WHERE t.tid=3524

SELECT f.*,p.* FROM forums f LEFT JOIN permission_index p ON ( p.perm_type='forum' AND p.app='forums' AND p.perm_type_id=f.id )

SELECT * FROM skin_cache WHERE cache_set_id=4 AND cache_type IN ('css', 'replacements')

SELECT p.*,m.member_id as mid,m.name,m.member_group_id,m.email,m.joined,m.posts, m.last_visit, m.last_activity,m.login_anonymous,m.title as member_title, m.warn_level, m.warn_lastwarn, m.members_display_name, m.members_seo_name, m.member_banned, m.has_gallery, m.has_blog, m.members_bitoptions,m.mgroup_others,m.m_awards,m.m_awards_display,pp.*,w.wl_id,pc.*,rep_index.rep_rating as has_given_rep,rep_cache.rep_points, rep_cache.rep_like_cache,cca.*,ccb.cache_content as cache_content_sig, ccb.cache_updated as cache_updated_sig FROM ( SELECT pid, post_date FROM posts WHERE topic_id=3524 AND queued=0 ORDER BY pid asc LIMIT 0,20 ) z LEFT JOIN posts p ON ( p.pid=z.pid ) LEFT JOIN members m ON ( m.member_id=p.author_id ) LEFT JOIN profile_portal pp ON ( m.member_id=pp.pp_member_id ) LEFT JOIN members_warn_logs w ON ( w.wl_content_app='forums' and w.wl_content_id1=p.pid ) LEFT JOIN pfields_content pc ON ( pc.member_id=p.author_id ) LEFT JOIN reputation_index rep_index ON ( rep_index.app='forums' AND rep_index.type='pid' AND rep_index.type_id=p.pid AND rep_index.member_id=0 ) LEFT JOIN reputation_cache rep_cache ON ( rep_cache.app='forums' AND rep_cache.type='pid' AND rep_cache.type_id=p.pid ) LEFT JOIN content_cache_posts cca ON ( cca.cache_content_id=p.pid ) LEFT JOIN content_cache_sigs ccb ON ( ccb.cache_content_id=m.member_id ) ORDER BY z.pid asc

SELECT * FROM cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'awards_categories' )

SELECT * FROM cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'awards_awards' )

SELECT * FROM core_like_cache WHERE like_cache_id='9b3fd920384881624170da7b21bde6e1'

SELECT m.*, m.member_id as my_member_id,p.*,pp.*,g.*,ccb.cache_content FROM members m LEFT JOIN pfields_content p ON ( p.member_id=m.member_id ) LEFT JOIN profile_portal pp ON ( pp.pp_member_id=m.member_id ) LEFT JOIN groups g ON ( g.g_id=m.member_group_id ) LEFT JOIN content_cache_sigs ccb ON ( ccb.cache_content_id=m.member_id ) WHERE m.member_id=311

SHUTDOWN: INSERT INTO sessions (`id`,`member_name`,`member_id`,`member_group`,`login_type`,`running_time`,`ip_address`,`browser`,`in_error`,`current_appcomponent`,`current_module`,`current_section`,`location_1_type`,`location_1_id`,`location_2_type`,`location_2_id`,`location_3_type`,`location_3_id`,`uagent_key`,`uagent_version`,`uagent_type`,`uagent_bypass`) VALUES('7b8d7d74021f7ad9872a859f3e4e6f21','',0,2,0,1506307441,'54.156.47.142','CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/)',0,'forums','forums','topics','topic',3524,'forum',0,'',0,'__NONE__',0,'',0)

SHUTDOWN: INSERT INTO topic_views (`views_tid`) VALUES(3524)