This forum is no longer in use. Please do not post here. Go to our new forums at http://7kingdoms.net/pw/

Photo

Life is Strange

Motha fuckin time travel

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gandalf

Gandalf

Village Idiot

• Master of Whispers

• 1,186 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:09 AM

Not a multiplayer game, but idgaf

LK2PTYM.png

So I just finished by second play through of this game, and I thought I'd recommend it to you scrubs. Basically, it's amazing. If you like Telltale games, this is right up your alley. It's a 5 part episodic game where your choices matter. Imo it seems like the choices in LiS seem to have a bit more of an impact on game play than Telltale games do. 

Plot wise, you'll need to sign a permission trip for this feel trip. It's a goddamn emotional roller coaster. You play as Max Caufield, a Photography Student at Blackwell Academy. During the game you reconnect with your former best friend Chloe Price to investigate the disappearance of Rachel Amber. Lots of fun twists and turns along the way. It draws from Twin Peaks and The X-Files. Plus playing as a time traveling lesbian is the tits.

It's also got a pretty great soundtrack, if that's your thing. Mostly indie music, but it's really good.

Episode 1 is free! And the rest of the series goes on sale pretty frequently. Definitely check it out sometime.

End game spoiler:

Spoiler

• Clover likes this

XOPjFGu.pngSluqiZZ.gifXOPjFGu.png

Awards Bar:

#2 Cody K

Cody K

Last of the Giants

• The Lost Twenty

• 1,143 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:38 AM

I fucking loved Life is Strange. Probably one of the best "gaming" experiences of my life.

End game spoiler:
Spoiler

Ooooooh, I am the last of the giants,

my people are gone from the earth.

The last of the great mountain giants,

who ruled all the world at my birth.

Oh the smallfolk have stolen my forests,

they’ve stolen my rivers and hills.

And the’ve built a great wall through my valleys,

and fished all the fish from my rills.

In stone halls they burn their great fires,

in stone halls they forge their sharp spears.

Whilst I walk alone in the mountains,

with no true companion but tears.

They hunt me with dogs in the daylight,

they hunt me with torches by night.

For these men who are small can never stand tall,

whilst giants still walk in the light.

Oooooooh, I am the LAST of the giants,

so learn well the words of my song.

For when I am gone the singing will fade,

and the silence shall last long and long.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

#3 Gandalf

Gandalf

Village Idiot

• Master of Whispers

• 1,186 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:48 PM

I fucking loved Life is Strange. Probably one of the best "gaming" experiences of my life.

End game spoiler:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

#4 Valdoroth

Valdoroth

Professor

• King

• 3,517 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Nation Link:Click Here
  • Group Name:Astapor

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:16 PM

I enjoyed watching both my brother play, and my friend having to rewind like 20 times to get a scene to turn out "right" (how he wanted it), then to end up doing something completely different anyways. It was funny.

But the feels o.o

TDT Playground (198.24.160.34:32846)
Expecting the unexpected and unexpecting the expected.
u4QPzRq.png

Awards Bar:

#5 Nibra Kebru

Nibra Kebru

Journeyman

• Squire

• 160 posts
  • LocationThe Universe, The Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, The Milky Way, The Solar System, Earth, The North Western Hemisphere, North America, The United States of America

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:29 AM

Eh, I love telltale games but I played the first episode of life is strange and didn't really like it. 

Awards Bar:

#6 Clover

Clover

Ruler of the Lylat System

• Master of Coin

• 532 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Group Name:Astapor

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:56 AM

I just beat it and I loved it. It was fantastic. 

Awards Bar:

#7 Gandalf

Gandalf

Village Idiot

• Master of Whispers

• 1,186 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:55 PM

Eh, I love telltale games but I played the first episode of life is strange and didn't really like it. 

Yeah the first episode is the slowest, but it builds pretty quickly

Awards Bar:

#8 Ferdinand Fuhrn

Ferdinand Fuhrn

Professional Warhammer 40K Memester

• Squire

• 80 posts
  • LocationThe Milky Way Galaxy

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:11 PM

I could care less if it isn't about blowing demons up, but Bro Team made it into a drinking game, so it can't be that bad.

image.png

Awards Bar:

Debug Information (Toggle Debug Information)

IPSDebug Messages
makeSeoTitle (guest) called
Retreiving user agent information from the DB
Creating GUEST session: fcc328e3e210914ebb198bfd0c65fd3b
makeSeoTitle (guest) called
Gateway file confirmed: html
Skin set not found, setting default. Using set #4
Setting current module to: forums and current section to: topics

IPSMember Cache Actions
ADDED: Member ID: 102 with tables pfields_content,profile_portal,groups key (df28af09ab8ba146fbf4f722a6e192c4)

(78) Included Files
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/index.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/initdata.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/constants.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/base/ipsController.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/base/core.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/base/ipsMember.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/extensions/coreVariables.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/conf_global.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/classDbMysql.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/classDb.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/classDbMysqliClient.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/furlCache.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/extensions/coreVariables.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/session/publicSessions.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/extensions/coreExtensions.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/useragents/userAgentFunctions.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/class_localization.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/class_public_permissions.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/app_class_forums.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/sources/classes/forums/class_forums.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/tags/bootstrap.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/tags/abstract.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/extensions/tags/topics.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/sources/classes/topics.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/class_reputation_cache.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/trackMembers_reputation_17d48b096bc3f3c15ff0ef9bc9633733.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/itemmarking/classItemMarking.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/output/formats/coreOutput.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/core_public_global.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/modules_public/forums/topics.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/trackMembers_viewTopic_271ecd1cc4ea83565300e06b06f3a274.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/pinAwardsProSigHook_4823418b7df562cda396c9d9de16e07e.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/like/composite.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/forums/extensions/like/topics.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/forums_public_forums.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/forums_public_topic.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_global.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_global_other.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/forums_public_boards.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/core_public_editors.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications_addon/other/trackmembers/sources/library.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/pinAwardsTopicViewQueryDataHook_9605e5b4176a506b2c9f806653f32c0d.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/customfields/profileFields.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/classCustomFields.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/ads.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/lang_cache/1/awards_public_awards.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications_addon/other/awards/sources/classes/classAwards.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications_addon/other/awards/sources/classes/classCache.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_awards.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/session/api.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_topic.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/tags/search/bootstrap.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/tags/search/sql.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/applications/core/sources/classes/reportLibrary.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/editor/composite.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier.auto.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/Bootstrap.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier.autoload.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser/legacy.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/handlers/han_login.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/loginauth/login_core.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/loginauth/login_interface.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/loginauth/internal/auth.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/tbPasswordChangeReminder_b503e18203b30b9a197ba69b3e14734a.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/readthattopicCheckPermission_04e124f8e3cb22e36abaa1287188bbc3.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/globalGlobalForumMessage_b81058205f3cdef84f654c40784780da.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/handlers/han_parse_bbcode.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/bbcode/core.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser/html.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode/defaults.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode/customTables.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/codystayaway/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode/bbsoundcloud.php
/home/westeros/public_html/pw/forum/hooks/globalGlobalForumMessageGroup_79c0a89a4dca050f5b0b5b0eab802eba.php

Loaded Caches
TOTAL: 0bytes

Loaded Classes In ipsRegistry::getClass()

FORM and GET Input
module = forums
section = topics
request_method = get
showtopic = 3391
app = forums
t = 3391
last_visit = 1506307451
f = 61
start =
page =
view =
selectedpids =
selectedpidcount = 0

SKIN, MEMBER & TASK Info
set_id = 4
set_name = Rotating Background
set_key = _1387227323
set_parent_id = 5
set_parent_array = a:1:{i:0;s:1:"5";}
set_child_array = a:0:{}
set_permissions = *
set_is_default = 0
set_author_name =
set_author_url =
set_image_dir = memory
set_emo_dir = default
set_css_inline = 1
set_css_groups = a:20:{s:4:"1.59";a:2:{s:9:"css_group";s:6:"awards";s:12:"css_position";s:1:"1";}s:3:"1.1";a:2:{s:9:"css_group";s:15:"cal...
set_added = 0
set_updated = 1491587628
set_output_format = html
set_locked_uagent =
set_hide_from_list = 0
set_minify = 1
set_master_key = root
set_order = 3
set_by_skin_gen = 0
set_skin_gen_data =
_userAgents =
_youCanUse = 1
_gatewayExclude =
_skincacheid = 4
_csscacheid = css_4
Next task = 10 September 2017 - 07:35 AM
Time now = Today, 09:44 PM
Timestamp Now = 1506307452

MEMBER: last_visit: 1506307451 / Today, 09:44 PM

MEMBER: uagent_key: __NONE__

MEMBER: uagent_type:

MEMBER: uagent_version: 0

Loaded PHP Templates
skin_global, skin_global_other, skin_awards, skin_topic
skin_global_4, skin_global_other_4, skin_awards_4, skin_topic_4
core_public_global, forums_public_forums, forums_public_topic, forums_public_boards, core_public_editors, awards_public_awards

Queries Used

SELECT * FROM cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'systemvars','login_methods','vnums','app_cache','navigation_tabs','module_cache','hooks','useragents','useragentgroups','skinsets','outputformats','skin_remap','group_cache','settings','lang_data','banfilters','stats','badwords','bbcode','mediatag','profilefields','rss_output_cache','rss_export','meta_tags','ipseo_acronyms','attachtypes','multimod','moderators','announcements','report_cache','report_plugins','emoticons','ranks','reputation_levels','sharelinks' )

DELETE FROM sessions WHERE ip_address='54.156.47.142'

SELECT t.*,xxx.* FROM topics t LEFT JOIN core_tags_cache xxx ON ( xxx.tag_cache_key=MD5(CONCAT('forums',';','topics',';',t.tid)) ) WHERE t.tid=3391

SELECT f.*,p.* FROM forums f LEFT JOIN permission_index p ON ( p.perm_type='forum' AND p.app='forums' AND p.perm_type_id=f.id )

SELECT * FROM skin_cache WHERE cache_set_id=4 AND cache_type IN ('css', 'replacements')

SELECT p.*,m.member_id as mid,m.name,m.member_group_id,m.email,m.joined,m.posts, m.last_visit, m.last_activity,m.login_anonymous,m.title as member_title, m.warn_level, m.warn_lastwarn, m.members_display_name, m.members_seo_name, m.member_banned, m.has_gallery, m.has_blog, m.members_bitoptions,m.mgroup_others,m.m_awards,m.m_awards_display,pp.*,w.wl_id,pc.*,rep_index.rep_rating as has_given_rep,rep_cache.rep_points, rep_cache.rep_like_cache,cca.*,ccb.cache_content as cache_content_sig, ccb.cache_updated as cache_updated_sig FROM ( SELECT pid, post_date FROM posts WHERE topic_id=3391 AND queued=0 ORDER BY pid asc LIMIT 0,20 ) z LEFT JOIN posts p ON ( p.pid=z.pid ) LEFT JOIN members m ON ( m.member_id=p.author_id ) LEFT JOIN profile_portal pp ON ( m.member_id=pp.pp_member_id ) LEFT JOIN members_warn_logs w ON ( w.wl_content_app='forums' and w.wl_content_id1=p.pid ) LEFT JOIN pfields_content pc ON ( pc.member_id=p.author_id ) LEFT JOIN reputation_index rep_index ON ( rep_index.app='forums' AND rep_index.type='pid' AND rep_index.type_id=p.pid AND rep_index.member_id=0 ) LEFT JOIN reputation_cache rep_cache ON ( rep_cache.app='forums' AND rep_cache.type='pid' AND rep_cache.type_id=p.pid ) LEFT JOIN content_cache_posts cca ON ( cca.cache_content_id=p.pid ) LEFT JOIN content_cache_sigs ccb ON ( ccb.cache_content_id=m.member_id ) ORDER BY z.pid asc

SELECT * FROM cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'awards_categories' )

SELECT * FROM cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'awards_awards' )

SELECT * FROM core_like_cache WHERE like_cache_id='ca68f6accefd49344f5ee16611500afd'

SELECT f.*,p.* FROM forums f LEFT JOIN permission_index p ON ( p.perm_type_id=f.id AND p.app='forums' AND p.perm_type='forum' ) WHERE f.id=0

SELECT tg.* ,t.*, t.approved, t.title as topic_title, t.posts as topic_posts, t.last_post as topic_last_post,m.*,p.*,xxx.* FROM core_tags tg LEFT JOIN topics t ON (t.tid=tg.tag_meta_id) LEFT JOIN members m ON (last_poster_id=m.member_id) LEFT JOIN profile_portal p ON (p.pp_member_id=m.member_id) LEFT JOIN core_tags_cache xxx ON (xxx.tag_cache_key=MD5(CONCAT('forums',';','topics',';',t.tid))) WHERE tg.tag_meta_app='forums' AND tg.tag_meta_area='topics' AND tg.tag_meta_id !=3391 AND tg.tag_text IN ('Motha fuckin time travel') AND tg.tag_aai_lookup IN (SELECT tag_perm_aai_lookup FROM core_tags_perms WHERE ( ( FIND_IN_SET(2,tag_perm_text) ) OR ( tag_perm_text='*' ) ) AND tag_perm_visible=1 ) ORDER BY tg.tag_meta_id desc LIMIT 0,100

SELECT m.*, m.member_id as my_member_id,p.*,pp.*,g.*,ccb.cache_content FROM members m LEFT JOIN pfields_content p ON ( p.member_id=m.member_id ) LEFT JOIN profile_portal pp ON ( pp.pp_member_id=m.member_id ) LEFT JOIN groups g ON ( g.g_id=m.member_group_id ) LEFT JOIN content_cache_sigs ccb ON ( ccb.cache_content_id=m.member_id ) WHERE m.member_id=102

SHUTDOWN: INSERT INTO sessions (`id`,`member_name`,`member_id`,`member_group`,`login_type`,`running_time`,`ip_address`,`browser`,`in_error`,`current_appcomponent`,`current_module`,`current_section`,`location_1_type`,`location_1_id`,`location_2_type`,`location_2_id`,`location_3_type`,`location_3_id`,`uagent_key`,`uagent_version`,`uagent_type`,`uagent_bypass`) VALUES('fcc328e3e210914ebb198bfd0c65fd3b','',0,2,0,1506307451,'54.156.47.142','CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/)',0,'forums','forums','topics','topic',3391,'forum',0,'',0,'__NONE__',0,'',0)

SHUTDOWN: INSERT INTO topic_views (`views_tid`) VALUES(3391)