I've just started my first real campaign in Total War: Rome 2. I shall be recording my progression in this thread. I am playing as Sparta.
SPARTA - CURRENT STATUS
- Faction Leader / General: Nikon
2.) "The Cyclops Slayers"
- General: Basilides
- General: Galenos
- Non-aggression Pact
- Trade Partners
KEY HISTORIC EVENTS
- Macedon and Epirus declare a war of conquest on Sparta.
- Sparta's ongoing friendship with Athens results in a NAP and trade agreement.
- 3 years of military build up on both sides culminates in the "Battle of Larissa." The decisive Spartan victory against Epirus results in the permanent permanent occupation and integration into the Spartan Empire.
- General Basilides raises a new army that takes the name of "The Cyclops Killers" to support the new Macedon front in Larissa.
- Sparta's leader, General Areus, dies a natural death. General Nikon is appointed as his replacements.
- Macedon launches a counter attack on Larissa while the nation mourns. General Basilides commands his Spartan Army to a costly victory against a foe with superior numbers. The "2nd Battle of Larissa" solidifies Spartan control and pushes Macedon further out of the territory.
- In preparation for an invasion of Macedon, General Cordylion raises the "Champions of Olympus" army. However, during a training exercise with fresh recruits near the City of Larissa, a small yet elite Epirus Army supported by Macedon units launches an unexpected sneak attacks, killing General Cordylion and all of his soldiers. This terrible event in Spartan history has been deemed the "Slaughter of Larrisa."
- General Nikon, after a year of recruitment and training, leads his 3,760 strong force north and crushes the joint Epirus and Macedon forces that continued to evade and raze the area surrounding Larissa after the Slaughter of 267 BC.
Battle of Larissa (269 BC)
2nd Battle of Larissa (268 BC)
Slaughter of Larissa
**Yet to be named**